Algae's Musings and Rambles

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Band

Last night at Band was a lot of fun.

We had two high school students that had written a March for Concert Band (I believe as part of their application for Oberlin) and we had the privilege of playing and recording it for them for the entrance. I don't think any of us expected it to be as good as it was. It turned out to be a fun piece, surprisingly difficult-ish and well-balanced. That's more than we can say for more established composers! Our director asked if we could maybe perform it for our February concert. I think the boys were quite surprised and honored by that.

Afterwards, I went out to ice cream with my stand partner. I ended up with Big Boy's Hot Fudge Ice Cream Brownie thing. Yum!

Then I came home to clean floors. Steve and my mom had steam-cleaned the carpets and mopped the floor!

After a crappy day, it was a good night.

Also, we've figured out how to handle sleeping arrangements and we have enough beds, as soon as we get the twin bed from Steve's grandma! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home